How to Apply
Through the generosity of the foundation’s sponsors, alumni, industry vendors and associates, scholarship funding to offset tuition is available to all new students on a first-come first-served basis, through a competitive application process.
The total number of scholarships granted and the amount awarded per student are at the sole discretion of the Foundation’s Board of Directors and are directly related to the funds available per semester.
If an applicant withdraws from the program at any time, they must repay all of the awarded scholarship funds.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Applicant must demonstrate a desire to develop their pastry art skills.
- Applicant must be accepted into L’Art de la Pâtisserie or L’Art du Gâteau.
- Applicant must agree to work or volunteer a minimum of 40 hours in a foodservice establishment prior to or during the semester, and their work must be documented by a direct supervisor.
- Applicant must submit the essay questions and budget.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need. Students who will be seeking student loans or other financial aid to support their enrollment in the program must supply this information. A copy of the previous year’s tax return is required.
- Applicant must be accepted by The French Pastry School for the upcoming semester.
- Applicant must submit the scholarship application form and all the supporting data by the semester deadlines: May 1st, June 1st and October 1st.
- Applicant is informed of scholarship committee’s decision in writing by May 31st, June 30th or October 31st.
The French Pastry School
Attn. For The Love of Chocolate Foundation
226 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 106
Chicago, IL 60606 USA
The foundation’s Board of Directors shall choose five individuals to serve on the selection committee. The committee shall review each applicant and determine who is eligible, as well as who are the final recipients of the scholarships.
The selection is awarded May 31st, June 30th and October 31st.
* For the Love of Chocolate Foundation Scholarships are awarded to United States Citizens only